Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poetry Fix: For those who need it.

Before this Morning (response to M. rarepoetiks J, "This Morning")
by Theresse Bynum on Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 11:53pm

I thought of you last night
Wondered if you’d be there waiting for me
We used to rise together
You’d whisper the second name God bestowed me--Dawn
And say I’m “beautiful”…staring
You would drink something from the vessel in your hand
Then smile as though it was good
I blew breath into your face
with arms spread wide you’d except
Inhaling my life

But, today
There was no you
My emotions were wisped across the sky
Your favorite color included
Still you did not notice me
I questioned the night-bird
It said you were wrapped in the arms of Eve
Gazing at her stars
Telling of your sorrows
By the time I'd arrived
You were weary, and I… forgotten
But that’s ok
I’ll see you again when I rise
And you will notice me.

No comments:

Post a Comment